Home   

  • 1615 Lincoln Street Evanston IL 60201
    42.062519, -87.694631
    PIN: 10-12-203-023-0000
  • Local

    Within Local District?: No

    Local Dist Contrib/Non-Contrib?:

    Local Landmark?: Yes

    Year: 1987

    Local Landmark Eligible?:

    Criteria: A4: Exhibit a high quality of architectural design without regard to the time built or historic associations; A8: Exhibit an unusual, distinctive or eccentric design or construction technique, which contributes to the architectural interest of its environs as an accent or counterpoint.

  • National Register

    NR District Contrib/Non-Contrib:

    Within District?: No

    NR Landmark?: No

    Year:

    NR Eligible?:

    Criteria:

    Alternate Address?:

  • General Information

    Category: Institutional - Religious Building

    Condition: Excellent

    Integrity: Excellent

    Current Use: Religious Building

    Historic Use: Religious Building

    Secondary Structure: Parish House west of church building.

    NR Second:

  • Architectural Description

    Architectural Classification: Gothic Revival

    Details: Straightforward stone surrounds in south nave window, main entrance and in tower arch windows, window tracery on all elevations; entrance door.

    Construction Year: 1922-1937

    Other Year:

    Date source: Parish Website

    Wall Material (Current): Stone

    Wall Material 2 (Current):

    Plan: Rectangular with tower.

    No of Stories: 3

    Roof Type: Pitched

    Roof Material: Slate

    Foundation: Undetermined

    Porch:

    Window Material: Metal

    Window Material 2:

    Window Type: Double Hung

    Window Configuration: 1-Jan

    Significance:

    Historic Features: Main entrance with nave window on south elevation; buttresses between window bays on east and west elevation; stained glass windows with tracery in upper nave; fixed stain glass windows on aisle level with operable upper sash; tower at southwest corner; entrances on northwest, northeast and southeast corners.

    Alterations:

  • Historic Information

    Old Address (city dir.year):

    Building Moved?:

    Moved From:

    Original Owner: Saint Athanasius Church

    Original Architect: Thomas Cooke, Rectory Building

    Architect Source: Building Permit

    Builder:

    Surveyor: Nick Kalogeresis

    Surveyor Organization: The Lakota Group

    Survey Date: 16-Jun-15

    Survey Area:

  • Permit/Historic Information

    Current Address: 1601 - 1615 Lincoln Street

    Old Address:

    Date of Construction: 1922-1937

  • Permit Moving Information

    Moving Permit #:

    Date Moved:

  • Original Permit Information

    Building Permit #:

    Date:

    Building Permit Description:

    Cost:

    Original Owner Occupied?:

    Exterior Alteration Permits: 12MSWK-0055: Replace front sidewalk and add of terrace and automated door; 12MSWK-0052: Stone grotto with wing walls -- paver patio; 09MRPR-0006: Tuckpointing and exterior repairs; 03RFS0000000231: Tear off flat roofing and install new build up roofing over the school.

    Other Permit Information: 13202, 1924.11.24: Br gar; 31754, 1956.1.16: 3 car stone GAR; 31753, 1956.1.19: 2-sty stone building for rectory, ARCH: Cooke, Thomas E., $100,000.

    COA Info: 12PRES-0087: Construction of stone grotto and patio on the E side of the existing gar, the grotto is approximately 270 ft from the public sidewalk on Lincoln Street. 12PRES-0095: Construction of an ADA compliant entry to the building by expanding the front entrance. A terrace will be added with stone masonry. The front sidewalk will be replaced with a sloping sidewalk that eliminates the two front steps. An automated door opener will be added to open the right hand door. 08PRES-0173: Slate roof repair or replacement, tuck pointing, copper gutter/downspout replacement. Flat roof replacement. Existing joints that were caulked in the past will be mortared, providng WJE mortar analysis (no contamination in the joints). Remove and reset one granite stair tread on front entry. Stone removal and repair or replacement. Repair and paint all doors. Approved as per COA application submitted on 4/22/09.

    Historic Info:

    Other Sources:

    Historic Info Compiler:

    Volunteer: A. McGuire

Print-Friendly PDF
© 2019 PlaceVision Inc | Help | Privacy